1. Please do not post links to other websites without express permission from a member of the Admin Team.
-Links to personal sites may be included in your Bio and profile page. You may be allowed to include one in your signature with permission from Admin.
-Site staff can post links to information resources to assist with discussion and to provide information.
-Events may be added to the events forum, these may contain links to that events website only. Event posts may be subject to validation.
-Do not post affiliate or referral links belonging to yourself or other websites, without the consent of the Admin team first
2. Any decision made by a member of staff will be upheld by the Admin team. You have the right to appeal by contacting a member of the Admin Team by PM or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Any dispute of decisions is to be kept private and not to be made in the forums public spaces.
3. Posting on www.myfabulous.co.uk is a privilege and any violation of the rules will result in suspension. We reserve the right to remove a member for any reason. When posting you agree that the administrators and the moderators of this forum have the right to modify, delete, edit or close any topic, signature, account, or profile data at any time that they see fit. If you have any questions concerning this, please do not start a new thread, but rather private message to an administrator.
4. Posting of personal information is strongly advised against, Moderators may remove personal information from posts to protect your privacy. You may share personal information at your own discretion, but www.myfabulous.co.uk do accept responsibility for you sharing your personal information.
5. Threating, harassing, provoking, personal attacks against members of www.myfabulous.co.uk will not be tolerated under any circumstances. We want #Fabulous to be a safe and inclusive environment for all its members. The posting of messages or pictures which are of a threatening tone; intended solely to communicate sarcasm, contempt, or derision; are intended to belittle or ridicule a person or group; to disgust the viewer; contain obscene or pornographic materials; are intended to titillate; or depicts/promotes illegal acts; will not be permitted. Members should immediately report any messages both public and private that they feel may possibly be abusive, inappropriate, unwelcome, or unsolicited contact attempts, to staff using the Report links in posts and personal messages.
6. Leave moderating to the moderators! Naomi and her staff are the only people who are authorized to deny anyone access to this website, including telling someone to leave, or to stop discussing a topic. If someone has told you to do this, please contact a member of the admin team by PM or by email at : email@example.com .
7. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is shouting and not necessary.
8. Please do not post in red, this is used by staff as warnings to members.
9. This is a site for people of all ages, no content that would be considered NSFW is to be posted in the public Forums. The policy goes that if you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don't post it !
10. These rules are not final, and maybe edited, updated or altered at the site owner’s discretion. I think everyone understands what I mean by this.
~Consider other people’s perspectives.
~Act in good faith (do not: troll, play devil’s advocate, create straw men, move goalposts, and so on).
~Within reason, give people the benefit of the doubt.
~Be thoughtful and conscientious of other people’s time.
~Avoid making blanket statements, speaking in absolutes, or stating your opinion as fact.
~Work to de-escalate rather than inflame heated conversations.
~Be mindful of group dynamics in discussions and arguments.
-Our custom emoji exist to express feelings in a lighthearted, sometimes mocking, manner. They are not to be used against other users to shut someone down or escalate a heated discussion.
~Use facts and show sources to illustrate an argument.
~Don't share objectionable posts or bad takes for the sole purpose of dunking on the poster.
~Do your best to refrain from using Dead Language. (phrases so overused they've lost all meaning such as: SJW, PC, problematic, and so on)
~Let an argument go if there is no benefit to continuing it. Do not insist on getting 'the last word'.
~Use correct pronouns , and use gender-neutral pronouns and terms when unsure.
~If you're unsure of a members pronouns, check their profile or ask.
I think these rules are clear, and easy to follow. These are only in place to ensure our community is a fun place to be, and a comfortable atmosphere for all.
What happens if I break a rule ?
Depending on the severity of the infraction, a different course of action may be taken, but the usual practice is as follows :
1st rule break (Minor offence) :
Corrected, A PM may of been sent, no further action taken
For a more serious offence, a warning will be issued, this is a mark against your name letting us know you have broken a rule
2nd rule break.
3rd rule break
On your 3rd warning, you will receive a temporary ban, the length of which will depend on the severity of the incident.
On another breach of rules :
After this it will be assumed you will not learn your lesson, so you will receive a permanent ban, meaning you will never be able to visit the forum again.
If you have any questions regarding the rules feel free to PM any member of site staff, who will be able to clear things up for you.
Thanks #Fabulous Staff