Favourite Book?

Love to read, talk to fellow bookworms, share ideas, start a book, read a book, write a book.
Noomoid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Just a quick one to start people off, what is one of you favourite books? Maybe tell us why, but you don't have to.

For me Weaveworld by Clive Barker, was one of my all time fave. A master storyteller, at his best, everything about it was perfect for me.
Weaveworld.jpg
Weaveworld.jpg (36.35 KiB) Viewed 142 times
Butterfly

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:54 pm

Not so much a book but a series, namely the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. I really can't pick a favourite out of them though. I saw the Hogfather TV adaption and picked up the book out of curiosity. That got me hooked onto the series. It's a shame there won't be any more of them now :(
Chrissy Bea, from Twitter ;-P
Noomoid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:24 am

Excellent books, the Discworld was pure genius and Pratchett was a master craftsman. He is missed. I believe I picked up my first copy of 'The Colour of Magic' back when it was first published.
Jessica Nell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:00 pm

I absolutely love Terry Pratchett's work, one the very best authors ever, I still have one of his final books left to read, but I don't want to pick it up because once I've read it there won't be any more to look forward to. :cry1:
Butterfly

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Yeah, an't say I blame you Jessica. I got The Shepherd's Crown when it came out and it was just after I lost dad as well. great book but very hard to read at the time.
Chrissy Bea, from Twitter ;-P